Do you have that urge for spring cleaning? Here are five important tips before you get started:
- Have a plan- Start with one room at a time. This way in case you have a lot to do, you will still feel accomplished when you complete each room. It also makes it easier for you to keep the rest of your house in order if you are unable to finish that one room you started.
- Pay attention to your posture while you are cleaning. The more you are hunched over while you are cleaning the more your body has to work.
- According to the American Posture Institute, to maintain proper posture, you need to have adequate muscle flexibility and strength, normal joint motion in the spine and other body regions, as well as efficient postural muscles that are balanced on both sides of the spine. Your posture has a positive or negative influence on the daily activities that you do.
- Some benefits of proper posture are: helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis, decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together, optimizes breathing and circulation, and prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently allowing body to use less energy.
- Some consequences of poor posture are: headaches, chronic fatigue, problems sleeping, digestive problems, decreased life span, and arthritis.
- Use your legs. Be sure to bend your knees when lifting to avoid injuring your back.
- Are you aware that using cleaning agents with harsh chemicals can be dangerous. According to the American Lung Association, many cleaning supplies or household products can irritate the eyes or throat, or cause headaches and other health problems, including cancer. Cleaning products release toxins that can contribute to chronic respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and headaches.
- And if you need to reward yourself after spring cleaning – give us a call at 714-626-0074 to set up your massage!