– 12 hardboiled eggs (shelled)
– 1 cup dry red wine
– ¼ cup of sugar
– 1.5 cup vinegar
– 1.5 juice from drained cooked or canned beets
– 2 bay leaves
– ½ teaspoon allspice
– 1.5 teaspoon salt
– Dash of black pepper
– 2 cloves of crushed garlic
– Place 6 eggs in a quart jar (will require two separate jars)
– In a saucepan combine: beet juice, wine, vinegar, sugar, bay leaves, all spice, salt, pepper, and garlic.
– Heat but do not allow to boil.
– Pour hot liquid evenly amongst the two jars.
– Cool, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
These are a perfect addition to your favorite salad. Dr. A loves to add sliced onions, fresh lemon & dill to the pickled eggs over arugula and spinach.