My wife loves all types of seafood especially ceviche. Over the past few years, I have developed an allergy to shellfish and she stopped making one of her favorite dishes. I wanted to surprise her with this variation of cerviche and it worked well. If you want a more fishy flavor, you can add more dulce flakes. This dish was great as a side dish and as a snack.
– 1 cauliflower head
– 1.5 serrano peppers (minced)
– 1 cup cucumber (diced, de-seeded, and peeled)
– ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
– 1 cup tomato (diced)
– ½ cup fresh lime juice
– 3 avocados
– ¼ cup Dulce Flakes
Prep time Cook Time Total Time
30-60 minutes 5 minutes 35-60 minutes
– Fill a large bowl with ice and water and set aside.
– In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
– Once water is boiling, add cauliflower florets and cook for 3-5 minutes.
– Drain cauliflower allow to sit for 1 minute.
– Place cauliflower in ice water bowel and allow to cool.
– Once it has cooled, chop cauliflower into small pieces (should look almost rice-like).
– In a large bowl combine the cauliflower, cucumber, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, serrano peppers, dulse flakes, and fresh lime juice
– Be sure to blend all ingredients well.
– Add salt and pepper according to your preference.
– Allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
– Serve on top of avocado halves with your favorite chips.