Ingredients For Sauce (see last month’s recipe):
Ingredients For Pasta Dish:
– 1 box of Barilla Chickpea rotini pasta
– 1 pound of ground chicken
– 2 cloves of garlic
– Half cup of cherry tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– ½ teaspoon of chili powder
– ¼ cup of fresh thyme
– 1 stick of butter
– ¼ cup of olive oil
– ¼ cup of fresh parsley
– ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
10 minutes 20 minutes 30 minutes
– Boil water – add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil
– Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes
– Please review creamy garlic sauce recipe for instructions on sauce
– Using a skillet, brown chicken – season with butter, Himalayan salt, and thyme, paprika, and pinch of chili powder
– Set aside chicken once it is cooked evenly
– Dice tomatoes and slice garlic into small slices
– Marinade tomatoes and garlic with olive oil, parsley, thyme, and a pinch of salt
– Using butter, sautee tomatoes and garlic lightly on saucepan and set aside.
– Drain pasta
– Sautee pasta with butter on saucepan for 60 seconds – be sure to add butter, thyme, and sea salt.
– Add chicken, garlic, tomatoes, and garlic sauce to pasta and mix well.
– Cook for two minutes
– Sprinkle parmesan cheese and fresh parley
Dr. James and I have been trying out different types of pasta and so far, chickpea pasta is our favorite. It is higher in fiber and protein that most pastas and, if sauteed properly after cooking, it’s delicious! Please note that chickpea pasta absorbs the sauce quickly. If you love heavy sauce on your pasta, use double the portions for the sauce in order to have extra sauce.
Leave A Comment