Vegetable Samosa Ingredients
• 2.5 cups gluten free flour (we use Krusteaz)
• 1⁄2 cup melted ghee
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄2 cup warm water
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
• 1 white onion – diced
• 1/3 cup minced garlic
• 3 cloves minced garlic
• 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper – deseeded
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon coriander
• 1 teaspoon garam masala
• 1⁄4 cup celery seed
• 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 3 potatoes – boiled and peeled
• 1⁄2 cup fresh peas
• 1⁄4 cup cilantro
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Boil peas until cooked and set aside.
• Boil potatoes until cooked and set aside.
o In large bowl – whisk flour, ghee, salt, and warm water.
o Continue to rub until dough forms.
o Knead until dough is smooth.
o Cover dough with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
• Heat EVOO in large skillet.
o Add onions and celery seed for approximately 2 minutes.
o Add garlic, ginger, cilantro, garam masala, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, jalapeno pepper, &
o Add cooked potatoes.
o Place dough on a flat surface, and divide into small balls.
• Cover with damp towel.
• Using a rolling pin – roll dough into an oval shape and cut in half.
• Gather edges of dough and overlap to create a cone.
• Spoon Filling into cone and moisten inside top edge of cone with warm water.
• Press together top of cone and seal dough.
• Repeat this process for all of the dough balls and filling mixture.
• Fry in a deep pan until dough is brown.
• Bake in oven for 15 minutes.