Chicken Tikka Masala
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (cubed)
- 1 white onion (cubed)
- 1 green pepper (cubed)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup celery leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, 2 teaspoons ginger, garam masala, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt.
- Generously coat chopped peppers, and chicken with mixture.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a blender – puree tomatoes, onions, celery seed, and 2 teaspoons ginger.
- Cook chicken and bell peppers (using 1 tablespoon of ghee) on a skillet until they are brown.
- In a large skillet, add one tablespoon of ghee.
- Add a pinch of ginger, tomato & onion puree, coriander, heavy cream, and celery leaves and
allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken & bell peppers and allow to cook on low heat for another 15 minutes.
Leave A Comment