Lander Chiropractic Weekly Recipe (09/24/2018): Homemade Hollandaise Sauce
Note: We love Sunday brunch but going out to eat can get expensive quickly. We decided to play around with different variations and this is a combination of 7 different recipes. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
• 3 egg yolks – cleanly separated from the egg whites
• 4-8 drops lemon essential oil (we used DoTerra)
• 1⁄2 – 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (depending on your palate)• 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 tablespoons cream cheese (we used full fat cream cheese)• 1 cup of melted butter
|Cook Time||Total Time|
Up to 5 minutes
- Blend egg yolks, lemon essential oil drops, sea salt, and cayenne pepper into a blender.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Lower the setting on the blender and add melted butter and cream cheese.
- Blend for another 20-30 seconds.
- Add additional lemon essential oil drops and pinch of sea salt – adjust to your personal taste.
- We like a thicker consistency for our sauce, however, if you want your sauce to be thinner
you may add a 1/8 cup of warm water to thin out.
- Set aside and allow sauce to warm up to room temperature before using.