Chocolate Avocado Cake
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups ripe avocado (make sure they are EXTREMELY soft & ripe)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 10 drops of vanilla Stevia
- 1 and 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 3⁄4 cocoa powder
- 1 and 1⁄2 baking soda
- 1 and 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6-8 ounces semi sweet dark chocolate morsels (amount depends on how much chocolate
you want in cake)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line cake pan with parchment paper and use coconut oil as non-stick agent – be sure to apply generously as you don’t want this yummy cake to stick!
Remove avocado meat from avocado skin and sprinkle sea salt – then set aside
Separate egg yolks from egg whites and set egg whites aside
Using a food processor – place avocado & coconut milk and blend until it is smooth.
Add coconut sugar, vanilla Stevia, vanilla extract & egg yolks and beat until mixture is moist and blended well (recommended to use an electric hand mixer)
In separate mixing bowl – whisk baking powder, sea salt, & coconut flour
Add egg yolk mixture and use hand mixer to blend
Add chocolate morsels
Place all the mixed ingredients (from steps above) in baking pan and set aside
Whip egg whites until they begin to form stiff peak (should take no more than 4-5 minutes)
Add to baking pan – be sure to add slowly and blend with cake mixture – if prepared well, the egg whites will not leave white streaks once you blend in
Bake for 30 minutes & enjoy!
- Dont forget to schedule your next Chiropractic, acupuncture or massage appointment at Lander Chiropractic!