Lander Chiropractic Weekly Recipe (09/11/2017):
Coconut Chocolate Espresso Truffle
Note: This week we decided to go more paleo than ketogenic. The difference being that this recipe contains some sugar in – but we all know Dr. James loves his chocolate! However, since going on the ketogenic diet, he now can appreciate dark chocolate without craving sugar.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup ground expresso
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flakes
- 15 drops coconut stevia (liquid) – you can add more but this is the amount that we liked the best
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- ½ cup truffle zest
- Prep Time – 15 minutes
- Freeze Time- 5 hours
- Total Time – 50 minutes
- Melt 1 cup of coconut butter in Melt 1 cup of coconut butter in bowl.
- Mix expresso, truffle zest, coconut flakes, and stevia into melted coconut butter and mix well.
- Divide contents evenly into ice cube trays.
- Add 2-3 drops of coconut oil into each cube.
- Defrost for up to 20 minutes before serving.