Quiche Sans Crust
This week we wanted to make a dish that we could enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – or just as a snack.
We love quiche, but in staying within the ketogenic diet – we had to come up with a way to avoid the crust. We
recommend making two servings and freezing one so you can enjoy it later. This is also a great dish for our
breastfeeding families. Easy to enjoy post feeding as you replenish your energy.
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 pound turkey meat (do not use if you wish to make this a vegetarian dish)
• 1/3 cup tapioca flour
• 1 stick melted butter
• 1⁄4 stick butter
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1⁄4 teaspoon Mediterranean sea salt
• Pinch cayenne pepper
• 1 & 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
• 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
• 1 fresh chopped green pepper – remove all seeds
• 1 fresh chopped red pepper – remove all seeds
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives (chopped)
Prep Time: Bake Time: Total Time:
15 minutes 45 hours 60 minutes
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees
• Using butter – grease baking dish.
• In skillet, brown onions and set aside.
• Brown meat until it is about 50-60% cooked then drain liquid and set aside.
• In a mixing bowl, combine flour, melted butter, baking powder, baking powder, sea salt, & pepper.
• Add pepper, heavy cream, and eggs.
• Stir well until blended.
• Add the meat to the blended items above.
• Slowly and evenly, stir in cheddar cheese and chives.
• Pour into prepared baking dish.
• Bake for 45 minutes or eggs are set (you can insert a knife & check to see if it comes out comes out