Sweet Potato & Chicken Poppers with Dandelion Pesto
Sweet Potato & Chicken Poppers
• 1 lb ground chicken (uncooked) • 2 cups uncooked sweet potato, ﬁnely grated
• 2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp for greasing the baking sheet
• 2 tbsp coconut ﬂour
• 2–3 sprigs green onion, chopped ﬁne
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp onion powder
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
• Optional: 1 tsp paprika or chili powder (not AIP but adds a kick!)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper lightly greased with oil
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly mix.
3. Begin rolling the mixture into small, slightly ﬂattened poppers about one inch in diameter (you’ll have about 20-25 poppers) and place them on the baking sheet
4. Place in the oven for 25-28 minutes, ﬂipping halfway through. Crisp further in a pan or place under the broiler if desired for 1-2 minutes to crisp further. Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through and then enjoy!
Dandelion Pesto INGREDIENTS
• 1 large bunch dandelion greens
• 1 handful cilantro or mint leaves
• ½ cup olive oil (with an extra ¼ cup optional)
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ½ lemon, juiced
1. Wash the dandelion greens in a colander, removing any leaves or stems that are expired or wilted.
2. Place in a food processor with the herbs, olive oil, garlic, sea salt and lemon. Process until desired consistency is reached, adding additional olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
3. Use stirred into soups, eaten on plantain crackers, or mixed with stir-fried vegetables
Stop by for a treatment and grab a copy of our latest recipe!